- Manitoba Hydro recommended that Bipole III be built on the east side of Lake Winnipeg.
- The NDP Government rejected the recommendation and ordered Hydro to build the line on the west side of the province.
- Retired engineers, landowners, and concerned citizens have formed the Bipole III Coalition to inform the public on the benefits of building down the east side.
- Additional cost of building on the west side will be over $1 Billion.
- The NDP Government is prepared to spend over $1 Billion just to save 10 sq. km of boreal forest, which represents only 0.025% of the total proposed UNESCO heritage site.
- Calculations of costs are presented in this report.
- Other issues pertinent to the east-west decision are also presented.